LED Lighting is the future of Low Voltage (12V) Lighting and 120V Lighting. Imagine being able to run ALL of your low voltage lights on just one 300W transformer! And that’s for the front yard AND back yard! Or imagine replacing 400W of Mercury Vapor Lights with just 100W of LED! Here’s the breakdown on why LED’s are the next generation of landscape lighting:
- LONG LIFE: While it is believed that these products may last longer than 70,000 hours, they are conservatively rated for 50,000 hours. Burning 8 hours a night, these lamps can last over 17 years!
- LIGHT OUTPUT: The lumen output of our 12V LED products are comparable to the lumen output of a 20W MR16, and up to a 175W Mercury Vapor lamp! The lumen output of our 120V LED products are comparable to the lumen output of a 50W Halogen/Mecury Vapor lamp up to a 250W Mercury Vapor! So you get the same if not MORE light output at literally half of the wattage!
- EFFICIENCY: The upfront expense of the LED fixture will pay for themselves in the first 5 years of their life, because they use significantly less energy. When you compare a 20W halogen with a 6W LED there is an energy savings of $30 in 2 years and $115 over 5 years.
Ready to go green and order your 12V or 120V LED Lights now?
Click here to go to our lamp page to purchase these NEW Energy Efficient Light Bulbs!
** graphs and data courtesy of Kichler Landscape Lighting’s website **
And now a Math lesson….
You might be wondering how the above data was calculated, or how you can apply the numbers to your specific project… we broke down the savings into an easy calculation for you, so you can see how much MONEY LED’s will save you!
LED ENERGY $AVINGS CALCULATOR:
Replacing (4) 100 watt MV lights with (7) 14 watt LED lamps, burning 8 hours a night at $.12/kwh (typical TXU rate):
(400-98) x 8hours x .12kwh = $.28992 savings per day, which is $105.82 a year!
This equates to a savings of about $1,750 for the entire 50,000 hour life of the system. Add that to the
replacement lamp costs you won’t be needing ($40 per 24,000 hour mercury vapor lamp for each fixture= $320) and that potentially is a savings of $2,250 over the course of the system’s lifetime— that is one heck of a savings!!
Replacing an existing 300W 12V system (about (15) 20W 12V lights—combination of pathlights and uplights) with 90W 12V LED system (about (15) 6W 12V LED lights— combination of pathlights and
uplights), burning 8 hours a night at $.12/kwh (typical TXU rate):
(300-90) x 8hours x .12kwh = $.20 savings per day, which is $73.60 a year!
This equates to a savings of $1,250 for the entire 50,000 hour life of the system. Add that to your upfront savings of a 100 watt transformer versus a 300 watt ($200), less wire for the entire system ($50), and the replacement lamp costs you won’t be needing ($10 per 10,000 hour 12V lamp for each fixture= $750) and that potentially is a savings of $2,250 over the course of the system’s lifetime— that is one heck of a savings!!
A Word about LED Colors:
- Most of the LED lights are available in 2 color options: Warm White (3000K) which resembles traditional halogen, or Cool White (6500K) which is closer to traditional Mercury Vapor lights. We might only stock one color of LED’s but both are available, so please just ask!
- Tip: Use the Warm White LED’s to illuminate your house but use Cool White LED’s to illuminate plant material.